Human Resource Office
The Human Resource Office provides the management and leadership to oversee all Human Resource services by utilizing policy and procedure systems that contribute to the welfare and best interest of the College and employees, maintaining strict confidentiality and providing the best services possible.
You can access job and application information via the links on this section of our website, or come in to the Human Resource Office and pick up application and job announcements. The Human Resource Office is located upstairs in the Administration Addition of the Beaver Painted Lodge.
The Clery Act requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their respective campuses. Compliance is monitored by the United States Department of Education, which can impose civil penalties, up to $35,000 per violation, against institutions for each infraction and can suspend institutions from participating in federal student financial aid programs.
Information for Applicants
Completed applications and required attachments must be submitted on or before the deadline date by 3:00 p.m. MST to the Human Resources Office. Applications may be photocopied; however, each application must have a new signature and date. Each position you are applying for must be on a separate application.
Please type or print neatly in ink. The form is available in MS Word format. Bring a jump drive to the Human Resources Office for a copy, or a copy of the form can be e-mailed to you, or you may download the form. (See Related Documents)
POLICY OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
The College is committed to a program of equal opportunity for education, employment and participation in college activities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin or physical disability. Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 specifically prohibits discrimination in education programs and activities on the basis of sex. The regulation extends to employment by and admission to the College.
Attach all required supplemental material. Resumes do not substitute for an application, but it may be attached to the application. All of the requested information must be provided even if a resume is submitted.
Submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Completed BCC employment application;
- Philosophy of Native American Education;
- Complete transcript(s)s with degree posted;
- Proof of tribal enrollment or descendancy (if applicable)
- Proof of military service (if applicable); and
- Proof of training (optional).
You may attach other material that you feel should be considered. Late applications will not be accepted. Incomplete and unsigned applications will not be considered.
Submit to: Rose Mary Spotted Bear, Human Resources Director, Blackfeet Community College, PO Box 819, Browning, MT 59417-0819.
EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY
The College follows the principles embodied in the Blackfeet Tribal non-discrimination policy and the Federal “Fair Employment Practices” legislation. Persons applying for positions at the College will be considered for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, creed, physical disability or national origin. It is the general policy of the College to give preference to qualified American Indian applicants, especially enrolled members of the Blackfeet Tribe, in filling employment vacancies, while complying with all applicable federal and tribal employment requirements.
Your Response to the Duties and Qualifications
Tailor your application to address the duties, qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities for the position for which you are applying. Use specific examples of your previous work experience and/or education that relate to the requirements of the position. List your most recent work experience first. It is advisable to notify persons listed under Personal References that you are using them as a reference.
- All applications will be received, reviewed for completion and dated by the Human Resource Office and filed until the closing date has passed. Incomplete, unsigned and late applications will not be accepted.
- The supervisor for the open position will serve as the selection committee chairperson, unless they choose to appoint someone to serve in their place. The committee shall be selected by the chairperson. The selection committee shall be composed of five persons, including the chairperson. The selection committee will be as objective as possible, shall not have made any preconceived judgments, and shall not be related to any applicant being considered.
- The Human Resource Director will review all complete applications for qualifications according to the previously approved selection criteria. If there are not three qualified applicants, the position will be re-advertised for two additional weeks. The Human Resource Director will forward the applications and qualification sheets to the selection committee chairperson. The selection committee will review the applications. If there are any questions regarding the qualifications, the committee will meet with the Human Resource Director prior to the interviews.
- The selection committee chair will inform the Human Resource Director of the applicants chosen for interviews. The Human Resource Office will conduct employment history inquiries with previous employers of the applicants chosen for interviews.
- The selection committee chairperson shall contact the applicants chosen for interviews and establish an interview schedule.
- The selection committee shall conduct the interviews and rate the interviewees. Selection committees are to exercise their best judgment in evaluating and scoring interviewees. Qualification sheets and interview scores should serve as a guide in determining each interviewer’s choice, but final recommendations are subject to the deliberations of the committee. Significant disparities between scores and selection are to be documented by the committee at the conclusion of its deliberations.
- The selection committee chairman will submit the recommendations for hiring, including up to two alternates in a recommended ranking. All selection materials shall be returned to the Human Resource Director for policy and procedures compliance review. The Human Resource Director will forward the recommendation and selection materials to the President for review and submit a request to be on the Board agenda.
- If the President has any comments or concerns regarding the recommendation of the selection committee, they shall be communicated in writing to the committee prior to submittal to the Board.
- The Human Resource Director will present the recommendation of the selection committee to the Board. Selection materials are available to the Board for review.
- The President will make a recommendation to the Board.
- The Board will make the final decision. The Board reserves the right to reject the recommendation of the selection committee or the President. If all candidates are rejected, additional recruitment or a revised position announcement may be required in order to seek qualified applicants.
- After approval by the Board, the Human Resource Office will make a written offer of employment to the finalist, including salary and benefits information. If the finalist accepts in writing within 10 working days of receipt of the offer, all personnel and payroll forms will be completed by the supervisor. Letters of non-selection will be sent to the unsuccessful applicants by the Human Resource Office once the position is filled.
- If the finalist does not accept, the position may be offered to the alternates in order of ranking. If all recommended candidates decline the position, the supervisor, in consultation with the Dean, President and Human Resource Director, may require additional recruitment or a revised position announcement in order to seek qualified applicants.
- All selection, screening and interviewing documents will remain on file for at least three years.
- All employees shall be paid according to the established salary scales, based on education level and years of experience. The wage scales for all employees are set out in Appendix B of the BCC Employee Policies and Procedures Manual.