Blackfeet Community College Nursing Program prepares entry-level practical nurses as providers of care across the health/illness continuum and as members the profession. The nursing program will give individuals the necessary competencies, cultural and clinical practices required for safe, effective, holistic nursing. The faculty promotes the growth and development of students into safe, caring, and professional nurses with accountability for actions based on theory, critical reasoning, evidence-based practice, and effective communication to meet the challenge of continued changes in the health care environment. Not only will the graduates of BCC serve the Blackfeet Nation and communities across Montana, they will also be prepared to work in any healthcare setting across the country. Graduates are eligible to sit for the Practical Nurse Examination. Gainful Employment Disclosure
The Learning Outcomes are as follows:
• Implements patient centered care that promotes health and disease prevention which is ethical, cost effective, comprehensive, and coordinated. Engages patient and families as partners while advocating for individual preferences.
• Utilizes current research findings, expert opinion, clinical reasoning, and patient preferences in implementing a plan of care.
• Contributes as a member of the inter-professional team to improve quality of care to enhance patient outcomes.
• Participates in the care of patients, utilizing best practice, with the goal of achieving the highest level of patient outcomes.
• Utilizes technology to communicate as a member of the care team in support of clinical decisions.
• Utilizes national safety and reliability principles and technology to reduce risk of harm to patients and providers.
Students majoring in Certificate of Applied Science (CAS) in Practical Nursing (PN) are required to take the follow courses for a total of 45 credits:
|PN Program||45 Credits|
|PKNI||Any Piikani Class||3|
|BIOH 104||Human Biology||3|
|BIOH 105||Human Biology Lab||1|
|WRIT 101||College Writing||3|
|M 120||Mathematics with Health Care Applications||3|
|PSYX 100||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|NRSG 130||Fundamental of Nursing||3|
|NRSG 131||Fundamentals of Nursing Lab||3|
|NRSG 135||Pharmacology of Practical Nurses||3|
|NRSG 136||Pharmacology for Practical Nurses Lab||2|
|NRSG 140||Adult Health nursing||4|
|NRSG 141||Adult Health Nursing Clinical||3|
|NRSG 142||Nursing Care of Women and Children||3|
|NRSG 143||Nursing Care of Women and Children Lab||1|
|NRSG 148||Leadership Issues for Practical Nurses||2|
|NRSG 149||Leadership Issues for Practical Nurses Lab||1|
|NRSG 152||Gerontology and Community Nursing||2|
|NRSG 153||Gerontology and Community Nursing||2|