What is the Issksiniip Project?
The Issksiniip Project scholarship will aids active tribal or non-tribal TANF participants and other individuals whose income does not exceed 200% of the federal poverty guidelines with the opportunity to obtain education and training for occupations in the healthcare field that are expected to be in high demand. As an Issksiniip Project student, you will be encouraged to explore a wide range of health related academic majors available at the college. Through individual advising and collaboration with all of the BCC higher education staff and partners, Issksiniip Project staff will work to connect you with majors that fit well with your academic strengths and future goals including internships and job placement.
What can the Issksiniip Project do for you?
- Educate and train students in the various health professions
- Aid in GED testing preparation and successful completion
- Provide professional development opportunities for Issksiniip Project participants
- Provide financial, emotional, and spiritual support for the overall academic, personal, and professional success
- Provide tutoring, mentoring, and advising for participants to aid in career path development
- Form partnerships with other colleges, and community partners to organize tailor-made workshops, seminars, trainings, and internships, to meet program and student specific needs.
- Initiate health career-focused activities.
- Assist community partners and other recruiters in selecting and placing qualified interns/employers.
Internships, Career Placement, and Professional Development Opportunities
- Organize Health Career Fairs designed specifically for Issksiniip Project Participants.
- Identify Internship and career placement opportunities within the greater community area.
- Provide detailed information about openings including qualifications, location, duration, etc.
- Aid in the application process for becoming an intern or employer.
- Issue supplies needed for successful participation in an internship at any health profession organization.
- Provide career guidance for interns and employees, both professionally and personally.
- Monthly seminars, workshops, and speakers.
- Allied Health
- Health and Physical Fitness
- Human Services Certifications
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Holistic Healthcare
- Community Health Representative
- Tuition and Fees
- Books and Supplies
- Tutoring and Mentoring
- Academic and Career Counseling
- Internship / Career Placement Assistance
- Childcare, Transportation, and Other
Come stop in and check out the BCC Issksiniip Project and all it has to offer!